Fun Friday: And What’s More Fun than Winning an Award?
I won, I won, I won! (pauses to catch breath…)
I won what? What the heck is a “Memetastic Award”? Ok—It’s not cancer, as I first thought. (whew…) It’s a blog award—heaven knows who started it or what it means, if anything—and although I feel a bit like the “Old Man” in A Christmas Story, with his “Major Award”, I just know that now I can say I publish an “award-winning blog!” 🙂
First, the Oscar for Best Costume—and now the Memetastic Award! How lucky can one girl be? I’m completely speechless! (pauses to regain composure…)
Ahem… I would like to thank The Hobbit Queen over at Miss Beehaven with Hobbit Queen for honoring me with this (clears throat, again...) impressive award! Then I’d like to thank my family—and all the Book Club Cheerios—and all of my readers who made it possible… (blah, blah, blah…)
In accepting this awesome award, I must comply with the responsibilities that go along with the privilege, which are:
- Proudly display the absolutely disgusting graphic in a post.
- List 5 things about yourself, and 4 of them must be bold-faced lies. Your readers are to guess which one is the truth by posting a comment on your blog.
- Pass this awesomely prestigious award on to 5 deserving bloggers.
So here goes….
Five things about myself, one of which is actually true:
- I really was speechless back in paragraph two.
- I knew what a “Meme” was before receiving the Memetastic Award. (For those of you not equally enlightened, a “Meme” is a catchphrase or concept that spreads rapidly from person to person via the Internet, largely through Internet-based email, blogs, forums, image boards, social networking sites and instant messaging.—not that I just looked it up today or anything…)
- I used to be a Children’s Buyer at the Weinstock’s Department Store (which is now defunct—actually, it was swallowed up by Macy’s like all the other regionals) where we refused to carry Care Bears because, well, A) We hated them, and B) They were totally cheesy and looked more like “K-mart” plush. And I’m sure I’m not the only one who notices the resemblance of the Memetastic Bear to those formerly mentioned completely sub-par stuffed animals. Or actually, it may look more like Jerry of ‘Tom and Jerry’ fame—which would make it a cat and not a bear—but either way I think the creator of said creature had been drinking quite a few Tom and Jerry’s before sitting down to his/her computer…
- Although I’m not Irish, I’m still wearing a sparkly “Kiss Me, I’m Irish” arm-band all weekend. (You never know when you might run into George Clooney and one likes to be prepared…)
- I’m also trading in my golden California Chardonnay for green beer all weekend—Cheers!
OK, now it’s your turn—you must determine which of the 5 statements above is true and leave your guess in a comment.
And for my final obligation, I must pass on this fabulous prize to 5 other deserving bloggers, who are…
The envelope, please…
And the Memetastic Awards go to:
– Dana Barrett at Midtown Review
– Gayle Carline at On the edge of the chair of literature
– Karen Harrington at Scobberlotch
– Kathryn Casey at Kathryn Casey
– Shellie Rushing Tomlinson at All Things Southern
Congratulations, you talented—and now “award winning” bloggers—Brava!
And a Happy St. Paddy’s Weekend to all of my readers! (Raising a mug of green beer…)